More than 300 of the world’s best sabre fencers will compete in one of the most prestigious events on the international circuit when the Absolute Fencing Gear® New York Sabre Grand Prix is held from Dec. 13-14.
The first sabre Grand Prix of the season will feature the world’s best fencers from more than 30 countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Italy, France and Korea. Preliminary and direct elimination rounds will be held at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. Semifinal and final rounds will take place at the historic Grand Prospect Hall.
Saturday, 13 December 2014 – New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- 07h30 – Weapons Control & Registration Opens
- 09h00 – Women’s Sabre start of the pools to qualification table
- 14h00 – Men’s Sabre start of the pools to qualification table
- 08h00 – Weapons Control Opens
- 09h00 – Direct Elimination table of 64 Women’s Sabre
- 13h20 – Direct Elimination table of 64 Men Sabre
- 19h00 – Start of the semifinals Women’s and Men’s Sabre
- 20h30 – Start of the finals for Women’s and Men’s Sabre
Tickets are required for semifinals and finals at the Grand Prospect Hall, $25 available at the door (we hope). Preliminary rounds at the Marriott are free.