Italian illustrator Massimiliano Longo is working on bringing his children’s book About Fencing to an English-speaking audience. Check out his Indie-a-gogo campaign to snag your advance copy.
The Metropolitan Division salutes this year’s new members of the Fencing Hall of Fame, and particularly those who hail from our area! Congratulations to:
- Keeth Smart (Brooklyn, N.Y.), 2008 Olympic silver medalist
- Erinn Smart (Brooklyn, N.Y.), 2008 Olympic silver medalist
- Ivan Lee (Brooklyn, N.Y.), 2004 Olympian
- James Melcher (New York City, N.Y.), 1972 Olympian
- Alec Hern (New York City, N.Y.), coach of 1960 Olympic medalist Albie Axelrod
- Hippolyte Nicholas (New York City, N.Y.), coach of the Fencers Club
The following board has been nominated for the 2013-2014 season:
Chair: Rachel Fedde
Vice Chair: Jonathan Bartlett
Secretary: Patrick Durkan
Treasurer: Ellen Heasley
As always, any current member is welcome to attend a division meeting or share their input by e-mailing any of the board members. Anyone wishing to contest the Nominating Committee’s slate by running for one of the positions should submit a petition by email in the required format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Petitions must be received by July 31st, 2014.
Qualifiers were held Sunday, Apr 6, 2014, click for full results:
This year’s National Championships will be held in Columbus, OH, from June 22 – July 3. For information including qualification paths, age eligibility, schedule, etc visit the event page at USA Fencing.
ALSO make sure to enter BIRTH YEAR and MEMBER numbers for each competitor. You do this from the check-in screen.
Make whatever changes are needed and click ok.
2. When the last event of the day finishes, (make sure you have clicked “finish event” at the end of each event! They should be greyed out in the lefthand navigation rather than black once they are “finished.”) go to Reports > Qualification Summary Report.
3. E-mail that document (.xls) to me, email@example.com.